23 Apr 2020
We have been amazed at the incredible generosity and selflessness we have received during this difficult period. We want to pay tribute to all those who have gone out of their way to make a difference to our tenants and staff in recent weeks.
Here are just some of the amazing acts of kindness we’ve experienced over the last few weeks:
- Vinod Tailor, along with his network of volunteers, have been providing weekly batches of curry for our Homes with Support tenants and residents. Each week Vinod has delivered hundreds of portions of hot, nutritious food personally. Our board member has already been branded ‘legend’ among our Homes with Support team, with promises of more deliveries in the future. Thank you Vinod!
- We were blown away by an incredible donation of food from NOAH recently, including everything from fresh fruit and vegetables, dried food and more. At a time when demand for food has been particularly high, this selfless act from a local homelessness charity was hugely appreciated and the quantity of food donated was a sight to behold. Thank you NOAH!
- Osprey cafe unfortunately had to close so donated their lovely cakes amongst other things for our residents to enjoiy. Nothing boosts morale like cake! Thank you Osprey!
- Charles and Rosemary Sherwood very kindly gave a monetary donation to our Homes with Support team soon after we were all asked to stay at home. We’ve been able to use this to purchase a TV at our Pathways hostel for our residents to use as well as some music equipment for our sound room at one of our projects. Huge thank you to Charles and Rosemary Sherwood for making this possible!
- We also have to mention the wonderful support of the Squared team over the last few weeks. We’ve seen cakes made not only for our tenants and residents but also we’ve had cakes made for fellow members of staff to lift morale. For some of our residents, who don’t own a phone, laptop or any other device to keep in contact with the outside world, this period has been especially difficult. So the donations of smart phones and laptops has been especially crucial to help keep everyone connected. Our team has shown once again how we consistently do more than you would expect.
Everyone at Squared would like to say a huge thank you for all of your kind donations over the last few weeks. It is really uplifting to see the community spirit at full force during this unprecedented period.